Cadbury's Factory


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Dunedin
October 27th 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Cadbury's Factory is awesome , we struggled there , Collen our guide was this excitable old lady who handed out chocolate bars if you answered her questions right. I got one, Red didn't .... she claimed she wasn't jealous but if you saw her jumping up and down answering questions, and hissing "I answered it first!" to me, you would think better!
The factory itself is really interesting, totally captured my attention and really it's no surprise as Cadbury's has been part of my life for like, ever!! The bit on Easter Eggs really captured our attention...maybe because we really felt the loss of them this year, no eggs in Hong Kong or Beijing...devestating!

As we were heading up to see chocolate bars being made, namely the most popular in New Zealand, the Moro, Irene decided to enlighten our guide to the fact that the Moros here are not in fact like the Moros at home. Ours have caramel, and nuts, etc etc....and theirs is like a Mars bar. She couldn't figure out why Colleen was ignoring her, until maybe after the fifth comparsion to the Mars Bar she clicked....ah Mars Bars are made by Mars and not Cadburys! So amusing to watch her in full flow!
, the only place in the world and every two seconds someone is eating a Moro in New Zealand].

We then went up to the top of one of the silos that overlooks Dunedin, we were a bit embarrased to find we could literally see our "home" from the vantage point. Then we all had to wave our hands in the air and shout "We love Cadbury's chocolate bars", no I am not joking we really did. Highly amusing when people waved back though!
Then we went back into the silo and the most exciting thing happened.....a chocolate waterfall came down from the ceiling.....I swear, I have seen many amazing things and that was one of the best.....yes maybe my mental age is five but seriously....cool!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb