Queenstown!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 4th 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hellooo from Quenstown! We've been here for nearly 4 days now & are sad to have to leave today - amazing place! It's a ski village pretty much (probably why we love it so much!) and has a whole load of shops, bars, etc. plus all the adrenaline stuff too! As promised, we did our skydive yesterday - best thing ever! Went up to 12,000 ft attached to our 'jump-masters' (massive blokes so we felt pretty safe lol!), felt pretty high as the tiny plane kept climbing up until the red light went off, the door opened and people started dropping out! Sitting with your whole body dangling out the edge of the plane was pretty scary, and the first drop was awesome! I screamed (a lot I think!) but apparently because of the altitude my jump master couldn't hear me....thank god! We freefalled for about 45 seconds before the parachute was opened and then it took about 4 or 5 mins to parachute down to earth again! The views were literally stunning - so glad we did it in Queenstown (and had a perfect morning for it!); snow-capped mountains, Lake Wakatipu and green fields was a pretty cool sight to come down to! So, all in all skydiving was a definite highlight.....am considering doing it again in Oz (probably shouldn't tell Mum that as she'll panic all over again :P).

We also did a shotover jet - basically a really fast jet boat that shoots through very narrow canyons with you inside (getting pretty wet!) and doing 360 degree spins....very fun! Also tried the legendary "Ferg Burger" which definitely lived up to its reputation as the tastiest burger! We're heading up to the Franz Josef glacier this afternoon which should be amazing - going to do a hike there and then hopefully some thermal springs before we get back to Christchurch next Sunday. Will keep you posted, hope you're all well back home!
xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb