Last full day in Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well today was our last full day in Queenstown. We didn't really have much planned today as the rest of the days here have been quite full on, so Toby went up to watch the Arsenal game and I just looked round the town, having to go back and put some jeans on as it got a bit fresh in the afternoon. As I learbnt from canyoning the day before, the word cold is not allowed to be used over here - fresh is the best alternative.

Queenstown has been a great place to visit in New Zealand, it has a lot going for it. Amazing scenery and views, the amazing Lake Wakapitu and then all the activities there is on offer.

So I managed to do the following out of Queenstown:

Kawarau bungee jump
River Sledging
Milford Sound
Flight back from Milford Sound
Gondolas up to the top of Queenstown for some amazing views
Luging down the hills with a couple of nutters (Toby and Danny)


Then today, Toby found out he could do some wake boarding. We got along to the jetty and spoke to the guys and about an hour later Toby was in the water. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take any photos but I do have some videos. I will edit this post later to put them up. The water was amazing flat and Toby managed to get some great jumps in. The guys on the boat were pretty impressed, especially after he hadn't been on a wake board in over a year.

That basically sums things up for us in Queenstown, it's been great here and I am glad we came back when we did. If you ever get a chance to go always try and make sure you can stay longer if you can. Things can take half a day to do from the canyoning to the bigger bungees, but trust me it is well worth it !.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb