Bungeee SkyDivinggg Raftinggg Part 2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 16th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Travel period:-11 Nov 08' to 24 Nov 08'

Highlight of the day: Milford Sound

Today, we went to Milford Sound. There were 2 options to reach there, the first one is to book a coach or self-drive. We chose the coach which we pre-booked when we reached Queenstown.

The journey to Milford Sound takes about a few hours. it takes you through Te Anau, Fiordland National Park, pausing at the Mirror Lakes before passing through the Hollyford Valley. We then enter the Homer Tunnel, emerging above the Cleddau Valley before descending to Milford Sound.

Sitting at the window seat was a ideal idea, as the bus travels, you can be lost in the beauty of the scenery. The bus passed numerous cows, sheeps, mountains, hills etc. Our first stop was at Te Anau Town where breakfast was at our own expense.

As we enter Fiordland National Park, the weather seemed very misty and cold. We got off and took pictures at mirror lake. At this time, this placw was quite packed with tourist (some self-drive & other coaches). Just before our coach was about to enter the Homer Tunnel, i happened to look out the window as the weather outside seemed very different. It was not rainy, sunny or misty. Instead it seemed very magical, because just when i looked up the sky, i saw snow falling.

I was super excited as this is the 1st time i am experiencing snow and never thought that in summer period, i will experience snow. The travel guide was very kind enough to let us go and touch the snow. it was super cold now but didnt care although i was not dressed up for snow. After a good 10 mins, we left the place and reached Milford Sound.

This place was so crowded. There was a long queue fr the cruise that we were about to aboard. we choose the outdoor seating and the cruise began its voyage. We saw seals, dolphin, high cascading waterfalls. The whole scenery seemed so surreal with mountains around, low hanging clouds and cold wind. The cruise went out to Tasmanian sea and U-Turn back. It was a enjoyable trip.





Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb