First Leg of NZ Tour - Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
March 4th 2010
Published: May 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nov 11/12 - S'pore - Sydney - Auckland


We landed in Auckland airport at 915am after a long long flight from Singapore to Auckland via Sydney. we were greeted by nice cold air and it was so refreshing.Upon arrival at Oaks on Hobson it was alrdy early evening . We walked to the sky tower to make dinner reservation for tonight but it was full so we settled for the following night. Since we had a few hours to kill, we took a very long walk to the harbour area and finally settled in one of the restaurant and had a nice dinner. After dinner, our body started to function abit slower due to jetlagged so we retired early to our apartment.


Nov 13 - Auckland

We woke up late and refreshed. We took a cab to DRESS SMART outlet which was about 30 mins away from our apartment. DRESS SMART is a collection of shops selling from Adidas to Espirit to Levis to many other brands of clothings/shoes/accessories etc at discounted rate. I bought a few adidas clothings and a traveling bag (that was used to store all my sovenirs 😊) We had our brunch at Subway and spent about 4 hours shopping.

Getting a cab was a challenge but still managed to flag one along the main road. We came back to our apartment, put away all our shopping items and went to the sky tower for our dinner. The lift opens directly into Orbit restuarant and was about 70 storeys high. It is also an revolving restuarant and from our seats, we had a bird's view of Auckland. The food was very sumptuous and the dessert was worth dying for!! After dinner, we went up one more story in the tower to the viewing deck.

This is our last night in Auckland, tomorrow we will be flying to Queenstown!!










Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb