Hey, Everyone...Let's Jump Off a Canyon!


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 5th 2010
Published: October 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Things To Do When You Turn 28: 1. Quit your job. 2. Take an impromptu samba lesson from your friendly Brazilian workmate. 3. Spontaneously decide to jump off a cliff on the world's highest swing, including a 210-foot free fall and (count 'em) 1000-foot "swing" over a narrow river valley. 4. Drag your petrified husband on said canyon swing. 5. Collapse in overwhelmed relief that you actually s... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Brave Kids Ahead of UsThe Brave Kids Ahead of Us
The Brave Kids Ahead of Us

Seriously...the girl was was about twelve years old.
Our Turn!!!Our Turn!!!
Our Turn!!!

(photos of our photos - not the best quality but the best we can do!)
Quite the Feat!Quite the Feat!
Quite the Feat!

Squeezing four people and four snowboards into our tiny Toyota Corolla...



6th October 2010

great! incredible time and blogs you have shared with us. Thank you. Enjoy the last drop of it!
6th October 2010

Love the flowers.
Amy and Jeremy: Again, great photos. Weird seeing tulips in October. cheers, Joe
6th October 2010

Post Script.
Belated happy birthday! J.
6th October 2010

wahoooooooooo
can't believe you did the whole thing but am proud of you two - kind of topped off the complete season in queenstown - what a wonderful time it has been! Meeting friends from, literally, everywhere and such a melting pot of everything from sheep to scenery beyond belief to loving winter to snowboarding its been something else - you'll always remember the Remarkables - probably not be able to see photos in the future without tearing up. Thanks for sharing all of this with us pitiful ones left in Florida - you made it all come to life by your blogs and photos - could actually feel like we were there with you. Asia coming up too - I know you will have a great time there too. Canyon Swing was like the icing on the cake - some wonderful memories to keep for a long time to come.
6th October 2010

Must. See. Video.
There is a video in existence of this venture and you didn't POST IT??? Oh, must see must see must SEE. We rode the Rip Ride Rockit Rollercoaster in Orlando and little did I know that they videotape your face on the entire ride. Our friends almost peed their pants watching the look of absolute terror on my face over and over and over again. Now I hope I get to experience that watching you two! I don't know how you got the guts to do that, because seriously? I would have chickened out just walking across that bridge. Okay, maybe thrown up first, THEN chickened out. Can't wait to read more about your return trip!
6th October 2010

Buddy
Well I'm glad you had the experiance but am very happy you are coming back to FLORIDA!!! Missed you guys
6th October 2010

Video Coming Soon!
Hi Sarah, yes we do have the video. However, due to internet data restrictions here in NZ, we can't upload it at the moment. However...once we get to Asia, there is no limit on uploads, so we will post it when we get to Singapore and let everyone know, so you can check it out!! We've taken lots of great videos here but haven't been able to load them...that's all about to change though!!

Tot: 0.482s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 39; dbt: 0.3631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb