Rafting, Luging, and of course Partying in Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 4th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So on to some new adverntures in the land of the Kiwi, New Zealand. I landed in Queenstown which was a great introduction to the country. This little town has it all. Theres only about 6000 people here but id say that many tourists if not more again! You can what ever you want here. Bungy about 4 or 5 different places including one at 143meters....not a chance!!!Rafting, sky diving river boarding, hang gliding. paragliding, luging and about 100 different other activities. Along with that this tiny town had something like 47 bars. Every night there was a party going on with bus loads of tourists arriving every day, and this was low season!!! Some bars had crazy promotions like free beer, but you only every got 1 beer coz of the crush to get to the bar.......still a free beer always tastes great. Must be madness in high season!

On the first day i went up the mountain overlooking queenstown in a cable car and did the luging which was basically going down hils in a little go kart which was a laugh.
After the first night i met up again with the sister Steph and Barry. We did
Queenstown
the white water rafting together which was great craic and i spent more time in the water than in the raft.....it was fecking freezing but a really good laugh. Minus 5 bar was also a really cool ice bar where everything was made of ice(surprise surprise). You could only stay there for 30 minutes and most people only stayed about 20 minutes coz of the weather inside that place. I also planned to meet the danish guys who i met in Airlie beach and sydney arived and we decided we would rent out a car between the 4 of us and travel around both islands. It turned out that was a great idea and we were able to come ang go as we please and not be geting up at crazy hours to catch different buses like the Kiwi experience which was full of kids anyway.

Coz one of the danes wasnt feeling well the first time i visited queenstown twice, the second time a week later so they could do the activities like the bungy that they missed the first time
I stayed here for over a week in total and its definately one of the best places
No way we were gonna pay 40dolars for a photo but we gladly took a photo of the photo with our own camera ;o)
rafting jetboat and canyon swing all in oneto be in new zealand and by far the best place for night life on the south island.





Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 16; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb