Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 22nd 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

LakeLakeLake

A quick view from the beach down by the lake.
Queenstown - home to AJ Hackett's bungy jumping! The second largest jump in the world (Nevis). What a rush! A different type of thrill than sky diving or swimming with the dolphins, but still pretty incredible! We met up with PC 1 when we first got there. They're a crazy bunch! Queenstown was a really cute town set along a nice lake. It's completely adventure oriented for tourists, but it has it's own appealing style. We went luging one day there. We took gondalas high above the city and raced down on luges. They weren't winter luges, but they sat low to the ground on four weels and you had to pull back on the handle bars to break. We had races down and no one spilled on our first outing, but a few people went again after we got back from the Routeburn and our head guy for Pacific Challenge, Dave, came out with a forearm gushing blood and a scaped arm. Lauren had a pretty good scape to her leg, arm, and face as well! Our last night there, PC3 arrived, so we headed out on the town with them. The music here is pretty old school, but it was still a fun night. With about 30 of us there, we pretty much took over wherever we went, but it was still fun. It's taking a little long to get these pictures up today, so I'm going to go ahead and catch this part of it up anyway and add pictures if I still have time left.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb