Westport----> Nelson----->Picton-----> WELLINGTON!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
September 10th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 August 30

Arriving in Nelson was one of the happiest moments of our trip because we were finally out of Westport. We spent two night in Nelson and a full day there.

In the morning we tramped up to what is known at the "center of New Zealand." At the top there was a giant needle that pointed down to mark the center of the country. It also over looked the entire city and the ocean which was beautiful. The city its self was very cool and had more then just one street.

After lunch Emma and I wanted to ride down to the beach so we grabbed some bikes from our hostel. I always thought the saying "its like riding a bike, you never forget" was a true saying, but Troll seemed to be the exception to this saying. Troll told me she knew had to ride a bike but she hasn't in a while, turns out she just flat out can not ride a bike. She made it about five feet before losing control and fell off the road into a parked car. At this point she deiced she was going to stay behind. Emma and I went to the beach and had a lovely afternoon.

Day 11 August 31
Left Nelson early and got to Picton by noon. We spent the afternoon tramping up and out to a peninsula that overlooked the Queen Charlotte Sound. This was our final tramp of break and it was the perfect day. Sunny and clear skys. After the tramp we hung out and made friends with a nice German guy at our hostel.

Day 12 Sept 1
We took the ferry back to Wellington early in the morning, which was cool but a little over rated. It felt like the ferry from long island to new london. When we arrived back to Wellington it felt so good, I have never been happier to be back home, do laundry, and just sit down and do nothing.

Spring break was amazing!!!!! New Zealand also just keeps getting better and better!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb