COMPLETE WANAKA


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
August 14th 2005
Published: August 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

puzzling?puzzling?puzzling?

the three leaning towers, who needs Piza!
well weve now trecked south from Franz Josef and suprisingly the weather has turned fantastic again- As in the average rainfull is not 7 metres per year. We spent the night in Wanaka with a great view of some huge mountains. Incidentily on the way we stopped of at the amazing puzzling world which was quite frankly amazing. All the puzzles youve ever played from the rubik cube to shifting the blocks on a tile thingy (you know) while you sit and have a coffee. There were loads of illusions and holograms and not to mention an enourmous maze.
(yes we completed the wanaka maze) which Gem and i got totally lost in -I DID TELL HER TO TURN LEFT AT THE TREE BUT NO NO WE HAVE TO GO STRAIGHT ON! To be honest i think i may have contributed a bit too?
Took us about an hour to do the easy challenge - but that is with Gem limping around a lot - yes the past few days she has been hardly able to breath without the fear of pain from our glacier expedition - self inflicted so what can you do?

At present were in Queenstown and
a mazea mazea maze

lost!
no that isnt a town full of people in Drag (thats Blackpool)

Gem here,
It was all dave's fault getting lost in the maze!!!! Yes I'm suferring from post glacier stress disorder, can't move legs without them feeling as if they are going to collapse, serves me right!. For anyone who loves games and puzzles I recommend Wanaka (yes Andy that is it's real name). The scenery is fabulous as well and we had yet again a good campsite. Queens is very sky resort ish, all people walking round with big sunglasses on wearing the right gear and carrying the latest addition to there thrill seeking ride, ski's, boards, excercise machine!! Yes we had a guy dragging his excercise machine around the campsite??? any ideas???

Now after a leisurely morning by the harbour we are about to go up the gondola, another sheer mountain face to endure, why do I keep doing this!!! Then we are luging down. A track you race down in little go karts, lets hopoe they have breaks I wouldn't want to hit Dave on passing him, hahahahahaha.

Tonight we are having a rare treat of a meal out and going into an ice bar, everything is made out of ice, sounds interesting, -5 temp inside and you can only go down for half an hour at a time, you'd think we would have had enough of ice by now.

To andy sorry, will have to find some other sucker to to the glacier hike again because I ain't never ever going near that thing ever again!!!!!! Might cheat and get some images from a local photographer. But if you are so desperate to get those photos I challenge you to go up there and take them???? Dave says 'I guess it will be florida again then'.

So lets leave you there and let you get on with things, will have to wait till next town to get some photos on here as this kiosk can't do it. Next town is Te anau.
Love Gem and Davey boy




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

golfing progolfing pro
golfing pro

mini golf water hazard
SteamerSteamer
Steamer

Queenstown harbour, ain't it pretty.


15th August 2005

more pics
Where are the pics. want to see more. Will really have to go see now for myself.
15th August 2005

Guess
Guess. A Mazing footage from your adventures. Dragging your exercise machine around could be misinterpreted. As could being in Wanka.(Wankie !! is ok as its a game reserve in Africa). xxx Your ever loving daughter in law.
16th August 2005

?
who's daughter in law????
16th August 2005

Blah Blah Piffle
Ice restaurant sounds cool....Is the food made out of ice also?? How do they keep the wine from freezing?? Guy with exercise machine sounds like he hasn't read the instructions properly. Am also intrigued who has a daughter in law.....the "A Mazing" pun sounds like a "nev"ism.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb