Bungy jumping - did we or didn't we?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Oamaru
February 24th 2006
Published: February 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

24 February

Queenstown is the home of Bungy jumping. So early this morning we headed out for the bridge at Kuwarau Bridge, where it all started. They start jumping at 9:00 am. We got there shortly thereafter. The place was already busy.
They fasten you around the ankles, but there is an extra harness which goes around your waist and thighs. If you want, they will dunk your head in the river, but most people don’t want it. When you are finished bouncing around a small row boat comes over to get you - they pull you in and un-hook you. It was really quite cold there today, and one girl jumped twice with only her bra and jeans.
So, did we or did we not jump?

Now, this evening we are in Oamaru on the east coast and we are here because there is a colony of blue penguins which comes in every evening and I really wanted to see them. We are staying in a B&B way up high on a hill with a view of everything. Really gorgeous!
By the way, I told you that the other day we drove by a fence covered with bras - well, today, we drove by a long fence covered with shoes of every type and every size - weird!


Advertisement



24th February 2006

Hmmm......
My instincts say that you didn't jump, but if anyone did, it was Daddy! But if either of you did-- WOW. I could never do it.
26th February 2006

Did you?
Hey Bev and Gunnar! Sounds wonderful what you are doing. Did you Bungy jump? Please send some of your wonderful pictures Gunnar. We are enjoying your blogs and hope one day to go there too! Love, Marne and Per I loved to hear about your driving Gunnar.
27th February 2006

bungy jumping misterium
I am really enjoying your travelblog. Did you jump?
8th March 2006

Definitely not.
If you had, you would definitely not be able to keep it to yourself:)

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb