Driving to Wales


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Dunedin
August 20th 2005
Published: August 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Dunedin quiz today - Question 1 :- dunedin is the gaelic name for what (Elinor ?????)

Question 2 :- What kind of penguins (which are the rarest in the world no less) is the otago peninsula famous for?

Question 3 :- what animal smells worse? Penguins, sealions or seals?

Answers on the back of a beer mat attached to your nose.


Arrived in Dunedin to book a trip out to the Otago Peninsula to see the ?$#!!% penguins and Albatrosses. A great afternoon as you go into a huge tunnel network underground with peep holes to get a birds-eye view as they come in after a day fishing (sounds a bit perverse i know!).

Early start this morning, we head off from Dunedin to Kaikora to go see the Whales seen as we have got some spare time. Dunedin to Kaikora took 9hours! Ouch i here you say, naaaah it wasnt that bad??????? On the way we visited the moeraki boulders, another bizarre natural phenomenon -large, perfectly round boulders ? formed from a huge volcanic explosion x million years ago. Also stumbled upon a sleeping seal in the sandunes on the way back.
2 under par2 under par2 under par

one for the lads




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Dave and his large ballDave and his large ball
Dave and his large ball

'sometimes it just prevents me from walking'
Sleeping fur sealSleeping fur seal
Sleeping fur seal

Until the automatic flash went off


21st August 2005

smelly
sea lion!
21st August 2005

sealed with a kiss
mum had a go on your site! they are down for the weekend- been looking at where to live- bloomin expensive! your shots look fab, very jealous. we drove past puzzle world but didn't stop for that or the luge (had jsut over 2 weeks for north and south island!!)- wales worth seeing though. love to both xxx mum says andy knows full well about different wankas???!
22nd August 2005

P..p..p.. Pick up a Penguin!
The answer is Edinburgh of course (for the Dunedin question)! And I'd guess in my experience of bird shit that Penguins stink the worst. I know Puffin poo reeks from my trip to Northumberland when I was about ten. Yes I remember from that long ago so it must have been baaaad!

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb