The Two Towers


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
December 18th 2002
Published: December 18th 2002
Edit Blog Post

Anders, Freddy, Ali, JoeAnders, Freddy, Ali, JoeAnders, Freddy, Ali, Joe

And Freddy's Chariot
Nelson is a larger town just south of the Golden Bay. It¡¯s known for its excellent wine, hippys and fruit. We travelled down in Freddy¡¯s car, which he bough for less than the one I had, has taken him further and is in a lot better condition. In the hostel we stayed at we met Joe, Joe had just walked the Queen Charlotte¡¯s Track the day before us. Joe works for 7 months a year in Snowdonia and for four months is free to travel or work on his sculpture. Lucky guy, has a job he loves with time to enjoy other things in life, at least I¡¯m starting to get ideas.

The big thing we did in Nelson was ¨C LORD OF THE RINGS ¨C The Two Towers. We went to see the movie two days after general release. The cinema was still totally full, but we got good seats by watching it first thing in the morning. The movie was great, started to recognise some of the scenery as places I have been in my tour of New Zealand, Mordor ¨C Tongaririo National Park, Mines of Moria ¨C Mount Cook. Again I watched three hours of the movie and was so disappointed when it finished! I¡¯d have to wait another year to see the next part. We had the discussion of ¡°why did they change this bit from the book?¡± ¨C but I feel that overall they¡¯ve done wonders. Not changing the feeling of the book even though some of the story has changed a little.

Could have stayed a second night but Freddy was offering us a lift over to the Able Tasman National Park where he would go Kayaking with his brothers and we could go tramping.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb