Bunkered


Advertisement
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

QueenstownQueenstownQueenstown

Before descending into Skippers Canyon
Arrived Queenstown at approx 3:30 pm

We'd luckily got the earlier bus out of Te Anau so we had plenty of time to arrange the next days adventures. We duly booked the 'Skippers Canyon Jet Boat Safari' for the morning leaving us the afternoon free in case the weatther cleared and we fancied a scenic flight over Milford Sound.
Having done all that we wandered through Queenstown until a little known, but highly recommended restaurant caled 'The Bunker' opened at 6 pm (thanks to Josie Frosell for the tip). We arrived in time to make a booking for 6:30 so as we had half an hour to kill we made our way upstairs to the cocktail bar where Chris (from Pembury, Kent) was waiting to serve us. One splendid G&T later we made our way down and enjoyed an excellent dinner (I had the Venison, very good) and a very good bottle of Cloudy Bay. As it was early we then decided to have one for the road back upstairs with Chris in the Cocktail Bar - big mistake!
This was approx 8 pm - I'm told (although I have absolutley no recollection) that we left at 11:30. Certainly the
Skippers CanyonSkippers CanyonSkippers Canyon

75kms per hour with hangover
credit card voucher I discovered the next morning bore testament to that as we couldn't possibly have drunk that amount in any shorter time frame.
I vaguely remember at one point having 4 large slices of cucumber in one glass of Hendricks Gin from which I surmised that must have been my fourth! (and that was after several Tanquerays)
No idea how we got back to the hotel or what time it was - deplorable behaviour (but a bloody good night!)
Tomorrow it was up early for our Jet Boat safari - did we make it?
Stay tuned...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

View from above QueenstownView from above Queenstown
View from above Queenstown

After riding the gondola


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb