Day 4 & 5 - Twizel & Mount Cook


Advertisement
Published: February 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 -
Pictures only (finally figured out how to upload)

Day 4 -
Today finally got to sleep in a little. We picked up a rental car and started on a driving adventure (putting the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car is a mistake). We left Queenstown and headed North to Twizel. We arrived in Twizel around 4:00 PM at our B&B to find out there had been a mistake with the booking. Sandy & Ian at Aoraki Lodge were awesome they helped us find another room. We checked into our rooms and then rented some bikes for a ride around town, by the end both bikes had flat tires and Moe had a sore butt. We had drink at Poppies and then decided to come back for dinner after showers. The meals were awesome.

Day 5 -
We set alarms for 6:00 AM and were out the door at 6:45 AM. We arrived in the park to rainy socked in weather. We went to the Sir Edmund Hillary Museum and watched a film on the park. We viewed some of the exhibits and realized that the rain was starting to let up. We started up the Seally Tarns climb (about 1,000 M) in a light drizzel. When the we started going up hill it started to rain a little harder and by half way up it was raining and the winds were cold. Moe and I decided that it would be wiser to head down the hike (since we had no rain gear and Moe was wearing my synthetic clothes). About half way down the clouds parted and blue bird skies appeared.Once we arrived back at the car we decided to go up to the Hooker Glacier (we got to cross two swinging bridges). Once we reached the glacier it started raining once again. By the end of the day we were very tired and soaked to the bone but never the less we gave it a go and had a really good time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb