milford sounds like a great idea


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

july 15th, 2009: had an early start in the morning. first tip is to avoid booking milford sound tours online. just do it when you arrive in new zealand. believe me, they've got tons of options and the prices are usually cheaper. in addition to better rates, you get to use all the discount coupons you get for free from brochures available at airports and hotels. if you do not know where and how to get these brochures, just go to the airport information desk and/or the hotel concierge. it is a long drive going back and forth from queenstown, so be prepared to travel on the bus for 5-6 hours before getting on your 2-3 hour cruise. some of the things you expect to see: dolphins, albatross, seals and lots of water falls. i advise future travelers to grab a seat as soon as you start your cruise. have a quick lunch and then find a spot on the viewing deck. another friendly tip is to buy/pack your own lunch. it might seem a big hassle to look for food, but believe me, you will have time to do it. in fact, part of the tour is passing by a souvenir store early in the morning in te enau and this will give you lots of time to get the food you want for lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb