Milford road trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
December 7th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So in the morning we set off relatively early. Two French sisters (Judith and Ribana) had also accepted the offer of Stewart's lift so we all were pretty tightly packed into the car, which had been named Margaret.

The ride to Milford was great fun and there are many great views of lakes and waterfalls along the way. In the afternoon we all went to the head of the sound to take views of the area. All the postcard photos are from the land looking up the fiord so it didn't seem neccessary to take a cruise. The views were great and hopfully some of the photos came out.

In the evening I caught some cricket but it was pretty quiet one as we were in the middle of nowhere.

We were up early the next day as Stewart was planning to drive all the way to Fox Glacier. After rousing Ribana from her morning meditation (she seemed to meditate a lot) we were off. We stopped to take more photos on the drive back but it did not take long to reach Te Anou where I was dropped off. I waved cheerio to the rest of the party who were probably releaved to have bit more space in the car as it was some what of a squeeze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb