The Sound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
November 28th 2006
Published: November 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Woke up and walked to the info centre and caught the bus that I had booked for Milford Sound departure time 8am. There were 6 of us that got on the bus and we were drove out of Queenstown past the airport and followed the road allong the lake. We arrived in Te'anu for a coffee break then continued our drive on the way to Milford sound we went through 3 national parks with a few stops for sights, We then went through a tunnel that runs downhill and the traffic lights run on a 15 min cycle. Whilst waiting we saw a Kea bird, we then continued on our way and arrived at Milford sound which is the wettest part of New Zealand. We were giving our cruise tickets and advised to go to pier 6, a boat was there so we boarded and set of down the fjord, There are spectular waterfalls which only 4 are permenant the rest was temporary, we were advise there can be upto a 1000 falls. Due to the weather there were a number and some with great force. The trip lasted 2.5 hrs and whilst on the trip we saw a rare breed of penguin of which there is a 1000 in the world and also the New Zealand fur seal, did not get to see the dolphins or whales.

On return to the pier we were advised by our coach drive we had got on the wrong boat so we were behind time. This did not matter as we were only driving back to Queenstown and arrived back at 8:30pm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb