Charlie-time with the Marlborough Wines!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Marlborough » Blenheim
October 16th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

About 2 hours north of Kaikoura we hit the Marlborough wineries - and Montana was one of the first ones we cropped up on. Oh what a beautiful day - with glorious warm sunshine all day we ambled about the wineries, visiting 7 in total to include Villa Maria, Wither Hills, Highfields where we had a delicious lunch of nibbles and wine sat on the side of the vineyard hill - it looked so much like we were in Tuscany - St Clair (still absolutely our favourite SB), Fromm (not so impressed) and some others I may have forgotten! It was a good day, but it set us a bit behind on the driving, especially as the scenic route we took up to Abel Tasman was very wiggley and very slow, rather scary at times as well snaking down the side of a mountain with a sheer drop on one side... but Rich drove excellently as always (I had partaken in too much wine tasting) and in the end we made our way up to the outskirts of Abel Tasman National Park where we were to stay the night before our kayaking/tramping adventure the following day. I should mention in passing that by this point we had the campervan sleeping thing sussed so that with our double sleeping-bag (ahh) and the duvet we are snuggly buggly and sleeping like babies!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Marlborough SoundsMarlborough Sounds
Marlborough Sounds

Queen Charlotte Drive


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb