The legendary Poo Pub Party!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Mahinapuha
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post


Hello again all! Time for a little update!

After the delights of Nelson and Abel Tasmin National Park, we headed to Westport, which apart from the lovely hostel we stayed in, really had no delights what so ever so I won't write about it!

The next day however was a day of legends amongst anyone who has done the kiwi experience, the Poo Pub Party. It basically involves staying at a pub in the middle of nowhere by lake Maniapuha and having the biggest party ever, in fancy dress! We stopped at a few shops to help us with our costunes but basically the boys had to go in drag and the girls had to make their costumes from bin liners! The photos are hilarious and I do promise that when we get to Sydney we will upload some for you to laugh at!

Laura and I and four other girls we had been travelling with went as three angels and three devils and came as runners up in the end. It was quite a drunken night of dancing and fun was had by all. The most embarrassing part was that the pub was open to the public and a load of kayaking guys came in to have a good old laugh at us all!

photos will make this entry a lot more interesting so I promise to get onto that soon...!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb