New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Glaciers
December 7th 2005
Published: December 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello guys,
No im not dead, i am still alive!! Sorry i havant updated this for a while, its just im having such a good time i havant got time to write about it!! haha! ive got such a hard life!
Well were shall i start..........
We went to another Island in Fiji called Robin Crusso, it was ok but nother like beachcomber so after 2 days of being there we got on a boat back to beachcomber.
We spent the rest of our time thier then left for New Zealand.
We arrivied in Aukland which is right at the top of the north Island. My first impressions were that it is much like England but a bit cleaner. It was hard to get used to the weather aswell, especially me who only packed clothes suitable for hot weather!! arh well, but apart from being cold Aukland was good fun.
We then hired a camper van beetween us and headed south to Lake Taupo, which is famous for its skydiving. So the first thing we did when we went there was book a skydive for the next day!! I was crapping myself, i didnt have a very good nights sleep! All five of us we in the same plane and i dont no how but i was the one to jump out first which i was over the moon about......Not!! Well anyway i jump out and its was the most weirdest, scarest but best thing ive ever done!!it dosent seem real when your doing it. Ive got some really good pics of it so when i find a computer that will let me download all my pics ill put them on! (your not allowed to laugh tho cos i look stupid)
After a few days at Taupo we headed for Wellington we stop of at a few other places on the way.
Wellington was a really fun city with alot going on, but and the end of the day its a city and most city's are similar.
We stayed in a really smart hostel with a cool bar in it, every night they had a pool comp with the winner getting $100 bar tap......... so every night we played in it............. and every night one of us won it!!! so you can imagine wot we did most nights......hummmm??
After Wellington we got a ferry over to the south Island.
The south
ParadiseParadiseParadise

All the boys
Island is ten times more beauteful than the north lots to see mountains glasiers ect. We hired another van to travel round the south island, we went to a few liitle towns which were fun, did a glasier walk at Franz Joseph which was cool. Then we headed for Queenstown. Queenstown is the extreme sports captial, so you can imagine there is tons to do. We did river surfing, rock climbing, rock diving, luging, and lots more.Didnt manage to do a bungy not coz i was scared or anything (yea right)
So out of the whole of NZ Queenstown has been my favorite place.
Now we are waiting to catch our flight to sydney were we will spend x-mas, New year and my b-day.
really looking forward to it!!
take care
dan x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

LoveyLovey
Lovey

Sunset
Drinking gamesDrinking games
Drinking games

Drinking through a snorkal isn't big or clever
Bula!!Bula!!
Bula!!

Mixing in with the locals


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb