I Got That Boom, Boom, Pow


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
July 11th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 82 (Saturday 11/07/09, NJJ)
The weather was great all day. From Haast we drove 50km to Jackson's Bay as we read that this is one of Lonely Planet's Blue List top ten road trips - it was good but I wouldn't put it in any of my top lists and it definitely wasn't better than the Milford Road. The Bay was nice enough. We walked along the jetty, the beach and then took the advice of a local lady and we did a 40 minute return walk to another bay. As we were leaving I slipped and hurt my leg and on the walk back Jay ended up on his backside. Drive back through Haast to Fox Glacier. Drove on to the lookout and then on near the glacier base. Drove on to Lake Matheson for the 1hr 20 min return walk to see the reflections of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman on the lake - beautiful. Drove on to Franz Josef Glacier town. Checked in to the Top Ten Holiday Park. Had chicken curry for dinner. We sent out wedding vows to our Wedding Officiant which made me feel quite emotional. Had to put some drops in Jamie's ears before bed as he's deaf in his one ear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fox GlacierFox Glacier
Fox Glacier

This is huge, there is a man near the bottom left of the photo, see the bit of red, for some perspective.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb