Day 46 Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
March 12th 2009
Published: March 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 46 Dunedin

We set off a bit later this morning as we could use Skype here and managed to call Laura's family. It is great to be sat in a camper van the other side of the world chatting to your family while waving over the web cam!

The drive to Dunedin was only an hour and it was a lovely sunny morning but still very windy. We parked up and had a walk into the city centre, as usual there was many shops, museums and even a Cadbury World!! We didn't go in as it did not seem right as it is not the original one so we just bought a cream egg and ate it outside!

The Otago Penisula is popular for its wildlife as it is home to seals, penguins and albatross to only name a few. We drove the scenic coastline to the tip of the peninsula in search of penguins only to find out that you can't see these wild animals without paying for a tour!

We only have a few days left in New Zealand so we are now heading North again. We travelled a couple of hours up the West coast and stayed the night at Oamaru. After dinner we went for a walk in the local park, it is really strange to be so far away from home but to be in such familiar surroundings. This park looked like many parks in England and even had the same type of vegetation and ducks!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb