Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 17th 2012
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rosemary's contributionRosemary's contributionRosemary's contribution

Supermart carpark, 2 tins of Watties Baked Beans!
17 Apr 12. Tuesday in ChCh.

Had best ever nights sleep. Yesterday was lovely weather but awoke this morning to grey overcast drizzle and cold breeze. 9.30am and off to pick up the KEA Camper. Within 5 mins of ringing the local depot a taxi was at our motel door, paid for by Kea and took us there.

Full marks to Kea, they gave us a most comprehensive briefing, over an hour and went over every minute detail. We are very impressed as we have an almost new 2 berth model with all the mod cons. Shower/loo, full kitchen equipped, microwave, large fridge, stove, HD TV, DVD, etc, etc..Ford Transit.

Then went shopping to a supermart out near Rosemary & Geoff's place and with Rosemary helping Mary & I around her familiar store aisles we helped contribute to the ChCh economy and fully stocked up the camper with 3 weeks provisions. There is not much room left to move, this is going to be VERY close living, so much so we have named our van "Crowded House". Has a NZ ring to it!

At the supermart in the carpark there were several other campers of all sizes
Our CamperOur CamperOur Camper

taken from our motel room.
coming and going doing the same thing and you could tell that the "plane had just landed" from all the tourists stocking up their newly hired vans. Campervans are a really large part of the tour industry here in NZ and you can tell from the supermart items on the shelves that a lot of the food companys produce small sizes of some goods for a few days like small paks of cereal, sauces, washing powder etc.

Drove around a bit to get used to a 6 speed manual in traffic and felt quite comfortable after an hour or so. Back to the motel and started packing up our stuff ready for an early departure tomorrow. Had dinner with our friends at a local chinese and over a few bottles of great N Z wines we had lots of laughs about our days in Singapore many years ago.

Getting some shuteye now as we want to get on the road south in the morning. We are planning on a short leg first to get the hang of things and only intend to try for Akaroa first night.

Hope we can get internet access there. It has been good so far in the motel here with the WiFi.

Don't forget to scroll right down to the bottom of the blog page to check for pics and enlarge them by clicking.

See you on the road,

A&M

Advertisement



17th April 2012

SO great to catch up after 20years! You both looked just the same, whereas poor me has put on "earthquake weight"! Enjoy your journey in the "crowded house" and come back smiling. Look forward to continuing saga.
20th April 2012

Crowded House is right!
At comment last able to respond.....thanks for your comment, it's helped get our blog under way....at Lake Tekapo now, see story on blog. A&M

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb