Kiwi Adventure_Christchurch and the Antarctic Centre


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last day in New Zealand. Arrived in Christchurch After a night in a great little place camping ground near Lake Tepoka we spent the morning out on the Banks Peninsula in a town called Aratoa. It was a French settlement and still has all the hallmarks of a small French village with cafes and restaurants. Very nice cakes and coffees. The view in and out was spectacular.
Dinner at the Groyne opposite our caravan park in Christchurch and a visit to the International Antarctic Centre in the morning before flying back to Sydney.
A fanstasic holiday and one of my all time favourite countries to visit. Want to go back again to see the North Island and maybe return to see more of the Fjordland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

AratoaAratoa
Aratoa

Harbour town
ChristchurchChristchurch
Christchurch

With Christchurch Cathedral in background
Dinner at the GroynesDinner at the Groynes
Dinner at the Groynes

A park opposite our caravan park (219Onjohns)
-8 degrees-8 degrees
-8 degrees

This was before the "blizzard"winds which forced us all to huddle like penguins...I couldn't even get my camera out then. My fingers wouldn't work.
Our HuggelandOur Huggeland
Our Huggeland

A cool Antarctic vehicle that can go practically vertically up and down ice and also float! The ride was surprisingly scary.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb