Good-bye New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
May 1st 2006
Published: May 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Journey

Keep track of our location with this map

Our first real blog! We are finally heading off to travel, and we figured it was about time that we fill family and friends in on our plans thus far...

We depart the 4th of May from Christchurch, fly through Sydney and Singapore, and our final destination is Krabi, Thailand. It's a little beachtown not too far from Phuket (where the Tsunami hit) where we will spend a few days lying on the beach, snorkeling, and rock climbing. It's supposedly one of the best places in the world for climbing so we may do a course for a couple of days.

We'll spend a couple of weeks island hopping in southern Thailand before heading up Bangkok. We'll fly to Hanoi, Vietnam and begin overland travel through Vietnam, Cambodia, back through Thailand, and finally Laos. In total, about 10 weeks.

We meet Dan's family in Phuket 16th July for a 10-day holiday at a resort, and then we'll head on to Europe. Our flights go from Singapore to Helsinki to Barcelona, and finally Greece. (Just the way they worked out!) We're planning on stopping in Spain, but not sure about Helsinki...maybe taking a short trip to Sweden from there?

Our major destination will be Greece where we will hopefully spend a couple weeks cruising around the islands and hopefully find some odd jobs to let us stay there a bit longer.

Eventually we'll carry on to Italy, etc, etc... no major travel iteneraries in Europe just yet, it's all pretty open until we get to the states around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

We'll do our best to keep this blog updated with stories and photos as we go...hope you enjoy!

Talk to you in Thailand...

Advertisement



1st May 2006

Bon Voyage!
Good luck, travel safe, and have fun!!! I miss you tons....can't wait to see you in 7 months! Keep us posted...can't wait to see pics of your journey! Love, Katie
1st May 2006

Bon Voyage
Thanks for sharing your travel plans; I'm amazed by your adventurous spirit, Heidi...but glad that you've found a guy like that also! God bless!
1st May 2006

Safe Travels!!
Dan and Heidi, We wish you well on your world travels. What an experience for the two of you. We look forward to hearing from you and will be excited to see both of you during the Holidays!!
2nd May 2006

all working!
just to let you know I am on your blog trail.....
2nd May 2006

so excited for you!
glad you're doing the blog, heids! (and dan, too!) it will be super fun to 'travel along'... you're gonna have a BLAST!!! love from laura, mike, frank-- and most especially JAKE!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.8kb