Trip of Giants - Perth to Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
June 30th 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Worn out, run down, need a break; and we haven't even taken off yet. Despite planning far in advance and arranging as much as I could ahead of today, we still spent most of the day sorting out loose ends, getting the house ready for an extended absence.

Gorge got dropped off to the kennels. Ky said he was barking away the whole time she was there. By the time we get back he'll be (a) hoarse...

The taxi was a surprise. Ky booked it, repeatedly emphasising that we needed one for four passengers and three bags. Toyota Prius aye? Only just. Lucky our third bag was smaller and just squeezed in beside the other two in the mini boot space. Then we four squeezed in with our backpacks.

So we all fit. After confirming directions Rasheed (yes, Roe Highway is to the right), we finally got to the airport.

Check-in lady says she didn't see the Christchurch leg on our e-ticket after I mentioned it. (I have a major freak-out in the back of my mind). Then she looks up the reference and says its all there. (Phew!)
You'll need an Esta to enter the united states. What's an Esta? So - something else to sort out.

Then she gives us our boarding passes to Auckland and Wellington. "Christchurch" I say hopefully, again having a quiet moment of panic. "Oh yes, Christchurch. I guarantee they're for Christchurch."

So finally after Ky and I both got frisked by the security guards for not being anonymous enough, we finally were able to rest and watch the Flintstones on TV.

Joseph's hungry again.

After the red-eye flight to Auckland, we received great assistance from the Domestic transfer desk where the lady placed us on an earlier flight, saving two hours of waiting in the uninteresting domestic terminal at AKL.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb