Christchurch and Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 13th 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

All aboard the chocolate van!All aboard the chocolate van!All aboard the chocolate van!

No photos allowed in the tour, otherwise you would see Charlie simming at the bottom of the 5-storey chocolate 'waterfall' they have here.
We spent a couple of days in Christchurch. There wasn't really much to do there but the city itself was nice with lovely buildings etc. They also had a market place, which had a stall that sold jacket potatoes with beans and cheese - one of the things we've missed!! We got to see the legendary Wizard of Catherdral Square, who dresses in a costume and preaches his thoughts and feelings to those who want to listen. It was pretty funny to hear him talking about how women influenced the events of the world by their shopping habits! After Christchurch we spent two days in Dunedin, a couple of hours south. We were there for the chinese new year celebrations which was nice. We had a nice, relaxing few days in these places but not really much to report, execpt that we ate too much free chocolate at the Cadbury's world tour!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Wizard of ChristchurchThe Wizard of Christchurch
The Wizard of Christchurch

A crazy, funny guy.
Welcome, year of the Pig.Welcome, year of the Pig.
Welcome, year of the Pig.

There was a good free show at Dunedin Octagon, a bit too much slo-mo tai-chi thought.
Festival of FlowersFestival of Flowers
Festival of Flowers

Christchurch council put the hooligans of the city to good use for a couple of weeks in Feb. Some of the stuff they were doing was so good, like this poppy field.


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb