Day 3 - Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 6th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

last day in christchurch. had breakfast at an interesting cafe run by an interesting lady named sophie. the interior is adorned with glossy photos of her and various celebs who have stopped by for the "best brekkie in town".

made a trip down to the cantebury brewery, only to discover that they stopped doing tours in march. apparently kevin's lonely planet was from 2004... boo...

we headed down to the art gallery instead, which is in a flashy glass & steel building. a lot of interesting pieces, including a video of an old police officer chanting and floating away into the sky... i didn't understand that one...

a "short black" here turns out to be expresso. and you can order "black coffee" (which is intuitive) or "white coffee" (which has milk).

made a stop in at the "dux de lux" restaurant where we were met by a californian who decided to come here after graduating from college. there's quite a large contigent of foreigners who work locally to support there travels around the countryside.

after a quick drink at the liquidity lounge, we headed back to the motel. there's no central heating here and the temperature definitely feels like spring! at least we have electric blankets...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb