Nelson


Advertisement
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in Nelson for a few days at a hostel, but the highlight was most definitely skydiving. We went from 13,000 ft and had at least a full minute of free falling. The view and the experience in general was incredible!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

CheersCheers
Cheers

Ali, me, Katie, and Amie with a cheers to the good times and good company!
Amie and MeAmie and Me
Amie and Me

Amie and Me out and playing a little pool.
A New SipA New Sip
A New Sip

Brad drinking his favorite drink of the night! Courtesy of Amie...
MusicMusic
Music

Some live music at the pub. Speights - beer of the area.
ThreeThree
Three

Me, Ali, and Chris are all smiles. Pubs, pool, and people with blow up animals. The two almost fit...
Take It AwayTake It Away
Take It Away

Ali and Dean wishing they could take the stage.
Stag PartyStag Party
Stag Party

A guy had his stag party at one of the pubs. This was all he had on his list for the night. He was getting married the next day!
InflatablesInflatables
Inflatables

Ali, Lauren, and me with the guys with the inflatables. Apparently they'll do anything for some attention. There was also an inflatable whale, but Chelsea popped that...oops. People were not so happy about that one.
Wake UpWake Up
Wake Up

Yep, that's Albrie and her random.
Hang GlidingHang Gliding
Hang Gliding

Dean had been skydiving again, so he decided to try hang gliding this time.
SkydiveSkydive
Skydive

Skydive Abel Tasman. You know what a runners high feels like? Imagine the high after jumping out of a plan. Incredible!
Clearing UpClearing Up
Clearing Up

Mountains clearing up. Luckily our landing area was all clear and sunny as could be for our jump. That yuck stuff stayed off to the side.
Plane LandingPlane Landing
Plane Landing

Plane landing. Not really an airstrip, but it worked. We beat the plan down with our jumps.
PlanePlane
Plane

The little plane that took us high above. A view of the mist and rain off in the mountains.
JumpsuitJumpsuit
Jumpsuit

Meredith sporting the jumpsuit, goggles, and cap before the jump.
MeredithMeredith
Meredith

Meredith looking all pumped to jump!
SunscreenSunscreen
Sunscreen

Reapplying the sunscreen as we waited to suit up. I jumped with Lauren, Ali, and Katie.
Zipping UpZipping Up
Zipping Up

Katie, Ali, and Lauren zipping up before being harnessed in.
Suiting UpSuiting Up
Suiting Up

Me suiting up. Supporting the red team.
Almost ThereAlmost There
Almost There

Making sure everything fit correctly.
Harnessed InHarnessed In
Harnessed In

Getting harnessed in. They strap you in tight enough that you're sure to lose a couple inches in height.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb