Abel for Tramping


Advertisement
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 518 (28.08.08)

One of the areas we'd really wanted to explore was the Abel Tasman National Park with it's coastal tracks and tiny beaches and inlets making for a great place to tramp. We headed up the coast on a water taxi stopping briefly for a look at the Split Apple Rock and the Seal Colony on the way. Towards the end of our journey we were also joined by a friendly bottlenose dolphin who had a great time ducking and diving in the wake from our boat.

We disembarked at Tonga Bay and began our walk along the excellent track that hugs the coastline of the park. We tramped through native bushland and past waterfalls, streams and bays with barely a soul for company (the benefits of being here in the winter time). It was a beautiful walk, with regular views to the emerald water in the bays beneath the track and the only thing that would have made it better was a little more sunshine!

Arriving at our finish point for the walk our water taxi was awaiting us in Torrent bay. As the tide was out the boat couldn't come all the way in and so we had to wade out to the taxi helped along by some stunning 'dry legs' - very sexy! Super work by the Hayward walking team.

To round off the day we had a wander around the inlet and then a great bbq dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb