The Far side.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
April 6th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


hey everyone!! sorry for not keeping up with this blog thing. its rather difficult because i have been getting so absorbed by the things around me! so... sorry for the rushed writing but i dont have much time to catch up!

a month and a half ago i showed up on "the far side" (named after those great comics.) I didn't know it when i arrived but it didn't take me long to discover what a unbelienibly awesome place it was. I was only planning to spend a week or two, i atleast needed to wait till me new debit card arrived in auckland cause at that point i was allllll out of money :-). The work was much different from the last farm; i didn't weed at all! instead it consisted of lots of cool non farm related projects. They are in the middle of biulding a really beautiful castle and renovating a cottage they had up the road so that took up alot of my time.

There was one woofer there when i showed up, his name was time and he was a very funny english man who was a skilled carpenter. we had lots of fun talking and working side by side. Soon after another woofer turned up! her name was jocelyn and she was a cali girl who had no problem getting nice and dirty which was cool. ALthough distracting from my photography, the other woofers and I had a blast together and even went on a really amazing kayaking trip down the otematea river which was filled with lots of big waves, excitement and starry phosflorencent filled waters!!! it was wicked.

We spent our of time hanging out with Marijke's and ROberts kids Anton (21) and Kane (19). They were my kind of people and i enjoyed there company very much. We partyed, went for midnight swims in their pool, went into auckland to see Kanes band play some gigs. and blah blah blah..... to many fun things and adventures to write about.

it was a blast. Really my kind of living, my kind of working, my kind of space of mind to be in this world.

then tom and jocelyn (who had gotten together) took of south together but not before.... another woofer showed up! her name Is hannah and she is a very adventurouse sweet german girl. we became good freinds quick and i helped her out with translating the familys kiwi accent so she could understand!

the fun projects continued, the fun never stopped, the connection i felt with the far side kept on growing and.... i capsized a catermeran! (double hulled sail boat) on a stormy day while i was taking hannah out for her first sail ever! we managed to get it up alright surprisingly and walked away with a little more respect for how powerful the sea can be!

so before i knew it was their for almost a month and a half??? maybe im not really sure, time has been passing me by and i have been able to escape it in a way coming over here which is really nice.

but i told myself my journeys must continue and when hannah and i were both keen to hitch hike around the south island i finally decided it was time to hit the raod again and continue my journeys!!

that was a couple weeks ago.... maybe less... maybe more... but ill put those adventures in a seprect catagory!






Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.3195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb