North Island NZ like being on the moon


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
July 15th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bubbling Mud 30 secs
The ferry trip from Picton to Wellington was a wash out as it was peeing it down. We were lucky as there was a big storm on it's way later in the day, so it wasn't that rough.

We arrived in Wellington at about 1pm and had tospend an hour our so sorting out another hire car as we left the other one in Picton. We made our way to Napier, an Art Deco city due to the fact the city was destroyed in an earthquake in 1931.

The motels in the city all have spa baths, but ours had the spa bath in the bedroom.

The next day we headed to Rotorua. This place has it all. Thermal springs, we visited the Polynesian Spa. It is probably best to visit this spa in the cooler months as the pools get up to 42˚C. A number were too hot to sit in too long and we were there in winter. One bath has a view out over the lake.

The one thing is you can't escape the smell of sulphur in this town. It takes a while to get used to the smell.

We visited Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. We got to see the Geyser erupt. This was a spectacular site


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb