we're scared of the farm


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we're at our first farm!

we're picked up by a man in gumboots who barely speaks to us in the car. man, if this is representative of our the next few days are going to be, it's going to be rough.

the farm is lovely, 15km outside of whangarei. in the middle of lonely rolling hills, with mountains and volcanoes and bush all around. grant, bonnie, and the two kids, grow a world of veggies including avocadoes, courgettes, capsicums (peppers, if i remember corrrectly) and more.

the highlights? grant makes us prepare confusing dinners of pasta with cold sourcream, and spaghetti-o sandwiches, while making us feeling like the dumb americans that don't understand cooking. also, he seems to think that most americas are dumb.

maria is afraid of grant. somewhat rightfully so.

we attempt to make a quick escape. this is not a comfortable place.

we do take a nice long walk, though. feed some chickens and some lambs. and get acquainted the local cows. when you walk by a herd of cows, every cow will stop, look, and wait for you to pass.

after two days, we vanish from the farm and spend a night in a hostel in whangarei where we will plot our next move.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb