Fantastic christmas


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 31st 2013
Published: January 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello, and a Happy New Year to you all. I would be surprised if anyone is logging in as it has been so long since my last blog. My excuse ofcourse is the kids. The adult kids and the small kids. Since the last blog Chris Hege and the girls, plus Runa and Lillien, plus Amy and the girls have been with us and the month that we had went so fast. But what a month. We had a fantastic time and I'm sure that the memories will stay on for all of us. Chris and hege arrived first and had a chance to settle in before Runa and Lillien arrived and then Amy arrived on the Saturday before Christmas. As we were going up the coast to show Runa and Lillien around we arranged to meet Amy at Waikanae and to see Holly and Lilly meet up and hug each other as old friends was magic. Over the next few weeks they spent all their time together,{ apart from when they got sick of each other}, and when the parting came at Wellington airport their hugs and words were very special. Their relationship will grow stonger every time they meet, I am sure. Ella and Stella were not to sure about each other for the first part but as the time went by they would play and talk together really well, and I think that they will grow together over the years as they get older. A real plesure to see for parents and Grandparents as well. So. Christmas day. Early up and a hot hot day ahead. Look to see if Santa has been at the front door were the girls had put their photo's out so he would knpw were to come. Yep. He had been, drank the beer, ate the cake, dropped a bit of snow on the ground and let Rudolf etc eat the carrots and drink the water. A bit of a mess made but not to bad. Into the lounge and, Hey! look at all the stockings and presents under the tree. Wow!! Agreement is made with the girls to open the stockings and look at what they have, and then we would have Christmas breakfast on the deck. After that we would open up all the other presents, if we could manage that in one day. Breakfast was great and then the presents. So many and the girls just loved it. By now Chris and Di were into the prep for Christmas dinner{to be served at 5} and by mid afternoon everyone was here. Anne Marie and Carrado, Jon and Carina, Charlie and Viv, Leanne and Emma, Runa and Lillien, Chris and Hege and the girls and Amy and the girls. Poor Jeremy was on duty in Hawkes Bay so couldn't come down but the skype worked overtime so he was involved. So 15 adults and 4 kids sat down for dinner just after 5. We had a lot of food, a lot of drinks and a lot of laughs and fun. It was magic to have every one here and someday perhaps we can repeat it. Boxing day was spent up at Anne Marie and Carrados for their annual Boxing day open house. Another fantastic day{as always} and by the end everyone was tied and ready for a big sleep.

The next day we drove up to Hawkes Bay to stay at Amy and Jeremy's place. We stopped at Norsewood so Runa and Lillien could see were the Norwegians had settled way back in the mid 1800's. We spent 2 nights in Hastings then all of us {Jeremy,now of duty, included} headed over the hill to Taupo. There we had 4 nights in Taupo, then 1 night down at Pukawa. Chris Jeremy and I managed to get a bit of fishing in with quite good results, so along with the sightseeing, and going to the farm to show them the dogs at work and have dinner at Chris and Mikes, it was a very busy few days. At Pukawa we caught up with Anne Marie, Carrado, Charlie, Viv, Alan and Judith who were staying at Kuritau. A very full few days. Then back to Wellington and a few days later Runa and Lillien were on their way home via Sydney and Hong Kong. Chris and Hege were with us for another few days after that and then the left to head straight thriugh to Bergen.

A very full month and a lot of fun. We miss the kids ofcourse but know that we will catch up again in July. A thousand photos were taken, so I will endeavour to get some good ones onto the blog in the next day or two. Just a couple for now. See you all, Pip/Rod

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb