Jo-Ann's Mum's Visit


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
May 14th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I have been meaning to do some more blogs for so long but there always seemed something else that was more urgent - can't whink what, though. Anyway, its an ugly weather day today (there's been a few of them recently, you'll all be delighted to hear) so its a perfect chance to reel off a few lines and share some photos.

Jo-Ann's Mum arrived a couple of weeks after my folks had headed off and it was great to see her - I know Jo-Ann misses her so much and she was so happy to see her. After a few days chilling in Wellington, they both headed off the South Island for a few days trip leaving me to keep earning a crust - lucky gets. They had 5 days of great weather and enjoyed trips to the Abel Tasman National Park and the spas of Hanmer Springs amongst other things.

However, the weather for the second week that she spent in Wellington was average to say the least - pretty wet, fairly windy and cooling down. Luckily for me that meant more time for Joan to iron all my clothes......!! Which she did beautifully!

One one day when the weather was decent, we all headed over the Rimutaka Hils to Martinborough where we had a spot of lunch before heading to the Putangirua Pinnacles for a walk. The Pinnacles are a fairly spectacular sight caused by millions of years of erosion from wind and rain of the the ancient layers of gravel and sediments that vary in their toughness. Apparently they filmed a bit of the last Lord of the Rings film here but I'll have to watch it again to be reminded of that bit.

It was great to have Joan stay with us, especially for Jo-Ann and it was hard to say our goodbye's as it was when my Mum & Dad left to head home. Hopefully you can all rush back next year!!

That's all for now folks - here's a stash of photos from Joan's visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Always wear your life jacket!Always wear your life jacket!
Always wear your life jacket!

Joan takes big Colin Meads's advice seriously on an Abel Tasman water taxi
Sudoku in the poolSudoku in the pool
Sudoku in the pool

Jo-Ann stretches her mind at Hanmer Springs
Classic Wellington postcard spotClassic Wellington postcard spot
Classic Wellington postcard spot

At the top of the cable-car ride which has featured on many a blog now!
Gusdalf the greyGusdalf the grey
Gusdalf the grey

What a great walking stick I found on the walk to the Pinnacles - wizardtastic
Joan the HobbitJoan the Hobbit
Joan the Hobbit

Not such a great walking stick! Mev would probably like it, though


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb