Life in Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we last did a blog, so thought we'd update you on what we've been up to...

We arrived in Wellington very very poor, and jobless. After a week of job hunting we stumbled across a job in a vineyard in Flat Point, 2 hours drive from Wellington. We headed up there, and along the unsealed roads to a farm in the middle of nowhere. We lived in a batch by the sea, with just some mice and some Brazillians for company, and had an awesome time! The work wasn't too hard - although the days were long - and it was gorgeous weather the whole time. After our 3 days here, we left back to the real world to job hunt again.

We spent the next couple of weeks moving backwards and forwards between Shelly Bay (a picnic bay on the coast where we freecamped quite often), and Camp Elsdon (an old WW2 camp), in order to save a bit of money on rent!

Finally Julia got a job working as a nanny for 2 little boys. They are both really cute, and it's good fun spending days at the beach, parks and swimming pool 😊 After another couple of weeks Dan also got a job working for Telecom (rather controvertial as he is a Vodaphone customer), which keeps him busy as there are huge queues all day long. Unfortunately it means that between us we are working 7 days a week, and so havent had much time for exciting adventures yet!

In the past couple of weeks the weather has turned awful...huge storms, hail and even snow occasionally, and so we have decided the time has come to move indoors. After viewing loads of houses, we have eventually found one we love, and are moving in in 2 weeks...

Thats all the news for now...
(email for our new address - our birthdays are coming up soon :P)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The Mud The Mud
The Mud

The road to Flat point could hardly be called a highway


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb