New Zealand Sentimental Journey


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Te Aroha
October 9th 2009
Published: October 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have had a couple of quiet days, but still able to see some former friends and find some new ones. Since we were in town, we went to visit the grave of our dear friend, Frank Ranger, who passed away last summer. While we were there, we were able to witness a very touching and poignant vignette of love and devotion. A man, who looked in his 80's, parked behind our car and got out a folding chair and bag and went to sit by his wife's grave. He then got out some sandwiches and a thermos and proceeded to have lunch with her. It was the sweetest act we had seen in a long time. It was a good time for us to remember in prayer the Decker family as they care for their mother, and the Kaluzne and Reil families as they continue to grieve.

Kenneth's brother, Roland, came down from up north to see us. He has always been the black sheep of the family and has mellowed a bit, but still pretends that he is as bad as ever. He always loved Chrissy and you can see in the picture that that hasn't changed. Then, on Friday, we ventured off to Hamilton on our own and on the wrong side of the road. We actually did very well and didn't get lost at all. We had a nice visit and a lovely lunch with the Hanson family whose son came to stay with us during a blizzard a few years ago. We hadn't seen them since 1993 so we had fun catching up. Then, we popped in to see some friends of Sean and Audrey Gleeson's that work for Campus Crusade for Christ. They have been here for 7 years and are doing a good work at the Waikato University in Hamilton.

We'll be traveling up to Auckland for a few days to visit some more friends and I may not be on the Internet to blog, but will catch up later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb