Almost up in the air


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
August 4th 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rain, Rain and not too much else



We decided to spend three nights in Taupo as it was a choice between spending 1 or 3 nights and as it is one of the bigger stops in new zealand (its still tiny) we thought that the three made sense.

The main point of being in Taupo is to do a sky dive as its apparently the cheapest place on earth to do one, costing only about 50 pounds which comes with a free ground DVD (which shows you pre flight, your ascent and landing) which is probably less than a third of what it would cost back in the UK. We got there the first time and got the suits on before being told that it wouldnt be going ahead. Which was a bit frustrating as the adrenalin had started to flow in anticipation. Anyway to cut a long story short we tried a further two times for it only to be called off for bad weather. Also as the weather wasnt great there really wasnt much that we could do while we we there, aside from a couple of nights out and some laundry. Which was a little bit frustrating as it represented a significant percentage of our total time in New Zealand. Although the laundry was nice, as anyone who has been away for a while knows - having all your clothes clean is one of the most pleasant feelings you will experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb