Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
March 11th 2010
Published: March 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

One of my favourite places so far!! loved Taupo!! went for an amazing swim in the lake which was beautiful crystal clear waters.. i then decided that i thought it was a good idea to jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet.. yeah baby.. great day but over far too quickly, not actually scared at all.. little worried when heading up in the plane and we had to wear oxygen masks! but actually leaving the plane was fine- think the brain cant really get whats happening.. the freefall amazing and then paragliding down was stunning-had a little steer too 😊 and then safe landing whoopwhoop.

Decided to go to the National park adn did the 7/8 hour Tongariro Alphine Crossing.. AMAZING!!!! was with two dutch friends who said they were trying to keep up with my fast pace (thats DofE for you!) quite hard walking in some points, but once at the top of the mountains amazing views- especially the lakes on the top.. also saw mount doom from lord of the rings! and did all of that in converse trainers hells yes!
(sorry for the wrong order again, the loader cant do it in order.. )


Additional photos below
Photos: 98, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb