Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
May 1st 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After 5 weeks in Mount Maunganui we decided it was time to move on. Back on the road we travelled south to Taupo which is probably the most popular place for tourists on the north island. Went for a quiet pint at night and couldn't believe how busy it was! Ended up joining in a pub quiz, no prizes but we were quite pleased that we did just as well as most of the other teams which had at least 6 folk in them compared with little old us two. Needless to say we didn't join in the games where you had to swap ALL your clothes bar 1 item, quite funny to watch right enough!

Think this must be the coldest night we've had in the van so far. The next day we promptly went to a hardware store and bought a wee heater to keep us warm for the cold winter nights that are coming in.

Went for a walk along the lakeside which is the largest freshwater lake in the southern hemisphere, and is actually a large crator created by a massive volcanic eruption 26,000 years ago!

It's starting to get pretty cold now. Fleece,
Plunging downPlunging downPlunging down

Michael and I watched a stranger plummet from a safe distance!
jacket, scarf and hat weather!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Our cat friendOur cat friend
Our cat friend

A very curious cat, it wasn't shy about exploring our campervan!


18th June 2009

bungeeeee
Phew! I thought that was one of you!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb