Taupo Skydiving


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
September 6th 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

In Auckland we rented a Groovy home for a week. It consisted of a kitted out Toyota Hiace with a lovely kitchen,dining room, bedroom, walk in wardrobes.... see for yourselves from the pictures!We decided to drive down to central north island to Taupo and surrounding areas. The main reason for visiting here was that we had booked in to do a Skydive but the place had lots going for it, nice scenery and great activities.The morning of our skydive it was very cloudy but we were collected in a Limousine and brought to the centre. There we watched our beginners dvd and after we were told the weather wasn't good for our jumps. They told us to come back in a few hours but to ring first to check the weather. After a couple of hours waiting which made the nerves worse and some phonecalls we got the all clear to go back to the centre. There the staff were so friendly and put us at ease. We had originally planned to do a 12,000 foot jump with a 45 minute freefall but after we decided to go for it and do the maximum of 15,000 feet with over 1 minute freefall. We went in a tiny little plane up into the clouds but our nerves seemed to ease slightly. It wasn't until the door hatch opened that the nerves really set in. It was an amazing experience and was over so quickly. The freefall was a really strange but great feeling with a complete sensory overload.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb