Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
June 5th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

3,2,1, jump!3,2,1, jump!3,2,1, jump!

You climb up a 15m high post onto a tiny shaky platform and then jump off. That's like jumping from the 6th floor of a building! There's a 12m freefall before you feel the ropes pulling you and then it was the biggest swing I've ever been on. Basic thriller.
Hello!
Our main aim here was to do the Tongariro Crossing trek, but couldn't unfortunately because it was closed due to high winds at the crater. So we only stayed one night here.
That night we went to the local pub which had a quiz night on. In the end we finished first out of 15 teams, with 36 correct answers out of 50. And the questions were not easy. Not bad at all! It was my first pub's quiz night, so maybe got some beginner's luck... First prize was $50 worth of drinks, but we somehow managed to receive double that amount.
I must say that the Kiwis are very nice and friendly people, always calling you bro, sir or darling. I like that!
Sweet as.
Oli



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Huka FallsHuka Falls
Huka Falls

Not really high but an massive flow of up to 270m3/s. Quite impressive.
The quiz winning teamThe quiz winning team
The quiz winning team

Clockwise from the left: Christian, Tim, Helene, Elspeth and Katharina. Guillaume was also in the team but had to leave earlier. "Best team in the Southern Hemisphere!"


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb