Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
March 8th 2011
Published: March 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally we jumped off the bus to have more than 1 night. When we arrived some of us went luging, which was awesome, one of my favourite things of the whole trip. Basically you sit in a go kart and race down the side of the hill with gravity and momentum taking you down. For $46 we got 5 goes and their were 3 tracks. We managed to fit in 4 races and it just added to the experience otherwise it probably would have been boring. Didn't know I was capable of going so fast, but the need to win was so strong. One bend was lethal and whilst trying to stay in the lead I nearly went crashing into the forest.

Next day with a hangover we went to visit Hobbiton, was cool, but it was mainly just downs. The guide was showing us the party tree and was saying some peeps start dancing under it, so Andreas dragged me up whilst we did some jig dance or what ever and then the rest joined us. No photos are allowed to be shown of Hobbiton due to the Hobbit film, so in 3 years time I will be able to show you online. We were kept lucky to see Hobbiton as it's supposed to be out of bounds whilst they film, but Peter Jackson is currently in hospital, so go us! The evening was the same as usual in the bar till late getting merry.

In the morning before our next bus we headed to some of the thermal pools which was cool, but pretty smelly. I found Rotorua not as bad as I thought people made out and the smell didn't bother me to much (might be due to hanging around with Stu to much).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb