Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up in the GondolaUp in the GondolaUp in the Gondola

Fabulous views on the way to the top
Today we went with Carrie and Alex to the Gondola. We rode to the top and Carrie and I had a cuppa at the cafe while Steve and Alex had a few downward runs on the luge. I will load pics tomorrow it I can. After that we had a lovely lunch at the cafe overlooking Rotorua (we had a curry, very nice but not as good as Aunty Bebs!!!) We then farewelled Carrie and Alex and drove back to Auckland. We are staying at the Mercure tonight and tomorrow night. We went out for dinner to a harbourside restaurant, we both had savoury salads with chicken or lamb - yum. It is very cold here outside tonight. Stay tuned!!! Love to all who are reading our blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

At the topAt the top
At the top

Carrie and I had a long chat over hot chocolate while the boys went down the luge. It is very cold outside on the top of the mountain.
Carrie and AlexCarrie and Alex
Carrie and Alex

Fabulous catching up with Carrie and Alex in Rotorua
Steve and ISteve and I
Steve and I

Enjoying a ride on the gondola
The four of us after lunchThe four of us after lunch
The four of us after lunch

Great views from the restaurant


8th April 2008

Sounds Great!!
I have been following your daily blogs - can't wait to see the photos when you return. You have convinced me to make an effort to visit the land of the long white cloud. Sounds as if you are having a great time with the rellies. Cheers and good luck!!
10th April 2008

Rotorua
did you like the smell from the geysers? I loved going there and want to visit again some day.
11th April 2008

Rotorua
Hi there, We seemed to get used to the smell after a short time and didn't really notice it to much. The Maori Village was great, we really enjoyed it there.

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb