Helena's comments


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
September 15th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody,

We have now arrived at Kerikeri, after passing through lots of places. Including the bay of islands. Very nice here.

After the initial leg of the journey on bikes (where we cycled to Bethells beach - apparently where they filmed parts of the Piano and another film which I can't remember). We got very tired and ended up putting the tent up in someones back garden - with their permission. They were very friendly, but wouldn't you know it, one of the people was from Brixton!! Cycle up a very big hill and find somebody from England! After this horribly tiring day, the following day we had to walk up another very big hill and decided this wasn't fun and caught the train back to the nearest town and phoned a car rental place and rented a car. the bikes are now tucked up safely in the back of the car - having a bit of a doze for the night.

Today I had a wonderful time, we went to a chocolate factory in Kerikeri, had samples, watched chocolates being made and then bought a box to scoff later!! We have a picture of me here, but the computer doesn't have the thing we need to upload photos, so will have to save it for another time.

Everyday (since the arrival of the car) we have woken up with fine ocean views. We took a couple of days at Bland Beach, which was beautiful (which you would never of guessed from the name) and planned where we are going to go. We have a very long list full of very cool places, lots of sights, sea kayaking, a Zorb (a big ball that rolls down a hill), some big hikes and some mountain bike rides. Possibly we will throw in some Art, if Chris is good. Very excited - about the sporty bits!! Over the next few days heading up to ninety mile beach to have a play on the sand dunes.

Oh, also checked out orewa beach (aka Kite Beach). Possibly stay here over summer playing with kites, ho ho ho. As only have the car until end of December.

That's about it, oh, also, the campsites here seem to have communal kitchens. Which means there is nice indoor places to cook and eat, and they also have fridges. All very convienient.

Lots of love to everyone

Helena, (and Chris)
xxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb