Adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » King Country » Waitomo
February 15th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 7am this morning and made our way to Rap raft n'rock. After a short drive into the middle of no-where we arrived at a field with a hut and metal storage thingy... we donned our gear whcih consisyed of hard hat ad wet suit wellies and some very special purple trousers!! We looked so pretty! we then did another short drive .
we did some practice stuff with ropes on a fence then headed off to do the real thing. we walked down a few steps which led us to the top of the caves we attached ourselves to a safety rope. Kate had taked the lead at this point so she was first to go down when he told her to bend her legs and step off the ledge she said" i dont think i can" then in the next second she was off....the drop was about 30 m into the cave abd was really quite easy to do.Nest we took a walk into the caves and saw teh glowworms which were pretty special considering they are just maggots and pooh!!! After that we went into a 2nd cave and got on some innertubes (rubber rings) and floated down a cave (i thought this would be much faster than it was) in darkness. Once we got to teh end of this we got out and went through soem small caves which were tricky in parts. We made our way back from to where we started and had to rock climb back up the 30m. this again was much easier that i had anticipated and we were all back at the top in no time. Our first bit of action adventure on this trip was over ....what can we do next...?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 17; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb