Day 189 New Zealand, Coromandel Town.


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Family, friends and fellow bloggers,



We woke up in Coromandel Town, we left by about 8.30am, driving all around the peninsular from Coromandal town to Whitianga on the SH25, then down to Hot Water Beach, then finally staying the night in a free self-contained camp ground about 10 minutes from Tairua.



It really doesn’t take long to get all the way round (maybe an hour), so we had plenty of time to stop in the pretty town of Whitianga to see the immaculate beach on the east coast-a preferred holiday choice compared to the west coast of this peninsular. We stayed in the library for about 2 hours, and we had lunch in the camper. The town again is small, and a lot of these places are mainly seasonal, so it wasn’t busy as it is considered winter from May.



We arrived at Hot Water Beach around 2pm, the sun was out but not warm enough to sit on the beach. The beach was deserted and absolutely stunning. We arrived when the tide was in so we couldn’t dig a hole in the sand to create our own hot pool. But we had a good walk up the beach. If you come here then try to park in the ‘surf car park’ as it’s free. It’s $2/hour at the main car park.



We drove on a bit further to arrive at the free camper site we had found on ‘camper mate’. It was about 5 minutes from the SH25, just off of Tairua. There was a free dump station and water fill up here and a toilet. What more could you want when it’s free? Saying that, we are always on the look out for hot public showers!



Neil cooked, we read our kindles and we watched another film.



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb