Newe Zealnad


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Central Plateau » River Valley
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Where was I? Oh yes, just arrived on our last site before Wellington on the west coast. Sunday 14th November stayed at a rather old site but had all the facilities and it's only a stop over, so wasn't so bad, and we were very close to the Tasman sea. Left early next morning for Wellington, New Zealand's capital. This is where we started to drive in traffic but not quite as busy as home. took us about one hour of this last leg of the north island on the west coast. As we descended onto Wellington we drove along the quay and found a motor home hook-up with shower and washing facilities right in the city, it was the most expensive site we've stayed at 50 dollars about 27 pounds I think. But we were in the capital right in the centre so we thought it was worth it. After parking up for the night, as our ferry journey to the south was until 8.30am the next morning; we walked along Queen's Wharf to visit the Te Papa Tongarewa museum. Try saying that after a few wines. The exhibition space is equivalent to 3 football fields, so I read in my eyewitness travel book. It's the kind of family orientated museum you would visit time and time again. The museum is committed to telling the stories of all cultures past and present in New Zealand, We later took a trip on the cable car up to the city's heights. To clear away the culture cobwebs. Wellington was much smaller than I thought it would be, but possibly we missed some of it. The ferry terminal we were we sailing from was not far from where we were parked up so it didn't take us too long to reach it at 7.30am. We got straight onto the ferry and sailed away dead on time. We were off to the south and the sea coming out off the Cook's Straits, John's great, great , great, grandpappy! Joking of course. But we did go through Queen Charlotte Sound into the harbour of Picton. The sea was pretty choppy but the captain said it often got much worse. I'm glad I wasn't on that crossing! Will finish for now, love to all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb