Bay of Plenty


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Whakatane
February 21st 2010
Published: February 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dinner at the 'Fig'Dinner at the 'Fig'Dinner at the 'Fig'

Dad Aunty Bubbles and me [Sandra]
Summer continues to be very hot and dry around the upper North Island of New Zealand. Whakatane was very hot during the day but quite cool at night which was a blessing for sleeping.
We visited Dad for the weekend to begin Graham's 70th birthday celebrations.
We had a wonderful time visiting old haunts and then a fantastic dinner at the 'Fig' an amazing restaurant. The food was divine and the owner is a neat guy. He makes such a fuss of Dad and Aunty Bubbles.
We visted Aunty Bubbles up on Hillcrest. She has an amazing garden and the view from her property is incredible.
On our way home we stopped off in Hamilton at Rod and Shirley's and had the second celebration of Graham's 70th.
We have a few more celebrations coming up over the next couple of weeks.
Graham once again is sporting a plaster over his ear. He had a 'thingy bob' cut off his ear and hence the plaster. He has been in a bit of pain with his ear and not our normal 'happy chappy'
Whakatane is a four hour trip from Auckland. If you drive fast it is three and a half!!!!
We drove down state highway two to Tauranga. We did not enjoy the trip as the traffic was horrific and the trucks just kept on coming.
We visited Joel's parents at Athenree Hot Springs Holiday Park. What a lovely place the park is, great place for a holiday. We were very impressed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Second birthday celebrationSecond birthday celebration
Second birthday celebration

Graham, Rod, Shirley at their home in Martangi just out of Hamilton.
Lovely Bourganvillia Lovely Bourganvillia
Lovely Bourganvillia

The garden has loved the hot weather this summer.
Kiwifruit ParkKiwifruit Park
Kiwifruit Park

This park is well worth a visit to see how Kiwifruit are produced.
Kiwifruit HeavenKiwifruit Heaven
Kiwifruit Heaven

We had lunch at the Kiwifruit Park.
Main road through TaneatuaMain road through Taneatua
Main road through Taneatua

I grew up on a farm just outside Taneatua.
Dad Aunty Bubbles and GrahamDad Aunty Bubbles and Graham
Dad Aunty Bubbles and Graham

View over Whakatane and out to Whale Island.
Dad, William 'Bill'Dad, William 'Bill'
Dad, William 'Bill'

Looking out to sea and Whale Island. Whakatane.
Dad and Aunty BubblesDad and Aunty Bubbles
Dad and Aunty Bubbles

Aunty Bubbles calls Dad her 'toy boy' this is because she turned 85 6 months before Dad turns 85.
Dad and Aunty BubblesDad and Aunty Bubbles
Dad and Aunty Bubbles

These two have such great senses of humour and are always laughing.
eeeheeeh
eeeh

Aunty Bubbles garden has many interesting things in it.


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb